About Norman Cowan
Norman qualified as a chartered accountant with one of the Big Four, later working in commerce in England and then Chicago. Upon returning he joined a leading City insolvency firm and in 1979 formed his own practice, shortly after taking Insolvency appointments.
He merged his practice in December 2000 with a London West End firm, heading up its Business Recovery and Forensic Accountancy Department.
In 2017, he joined CRG Forensics as a consultant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
* Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
* Member of the Expert Witness Institute
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
* Cardiff University Expert Witness Accreditation
* Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
* Member of the ICAEW Forensic Special Interest Group
* Member of the Midlands Fraud Forum
* Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
* Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals
* Member of the Turnaround Management Association
Norman, apart from his expertise across all areas of forensic accountancy, has lectured at international accountancy conferences, written numerous articles concerning financial and forensic accountancy matters, and is a contributor to a published book called “Forensic Accounting and Finance, Principles and Practice”.