About Norman Cowan
Norman qualified as a chartered accountant with one of the Big Four, later working in industry and then taking an appointment in Chicago with Blue Cross Hospital Service.
Upon returning he joined a leading City insolvency firm and in 1979 formed his own practice, taking Insolvency appointments. After a short while he acted as an Expert Witness. Norman merged his practice in December 2000 with a London West End firm, heading up its Business Recovery and Forensic Accountancy Department.
In 2017, he joined CRG Forensics, as a consultant, concentrating solely on forensic work and business disputes.
Qualifications and Memberships
* Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
* Member of the Expert Witness Institute
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
* Cardiff University Expert Witness Accreditation
* Member of the Association of Certified Fraud of Examiners
* Member of the ICAEW Forensic Special Interest Group
* Member of the Midlands Fraud Forum
* Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals
* Member of the Turnaround Management Association
Apart from Norman’s expertise across all areas of forensic accountancy, he has lectured at international accountancy conferences, written numerous articles concerning financial and forensic accountancy matters. He has also given numerous Radio interviews and contributed to a published book called “Forensic Accounting and Finance, Principles and Practice”.
Forensic Accounting Experience
Norman has diverse experience with a challenging range of cases, with matters covering civil and criminal work. He has given evidence at Court, Land and VAT Tribunals.
- Business Valuations
- Commercial Disputes
- Loss of Profits
- Claims for Business Interruption
- Bankruptcy Offences
- Benefit Fraud
- Tax Evasion
- Police Corruption
- Carbon Credit Fraud
- MOT Fraud
- Money Laundering Offences
- Directors’ Insolvency Offences
- Negligence of Insolvency Practitioners
- Fraudulent Trading
- Fatal Accident Claim
- Loss of Earnings
- Pre-Mediation Reports
- Attending Mediations